Philippians 2:12 “Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.”
Many times we approach God with a very…well…”whatever” type mentality. The attitude that we are deserving of God’s presence must be removed immediately. So much of our ideas, beliefs, and decisions are made without God’s view or heart. Fear and trembling should be the way we approach God.
- We Must Make Our Decisions With Fear And Trembling – We would be way better off approaching God with reverence and respect. Each decision must be made with the judgment of God in the backdrop.
- We Must Establish Our Beliefs With Fear and Trembling – We should be willing to overlook what everyone else believes in order to establish a Bible based faith. Just because our Grandparents and Parents believed it, does not make it the right belief
- We Must Create Our Ideas With Fear and Trembling – If not careful our sinful imaginations will create ideas that our false.
Today’s Challenge: Keep God’s Judgment in the backdrop of every belief, decision and idea. It will help keep us all in check!
Galatians 6:9 “And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.”
If we were to look up the meaning of the word “weary” we would discover that it means to “lose heart”. Then if we were to look up the phrase “well doing” we would find that it means “to act honorably” or “to do well”. So many times we become frustrated and become fainthearted while trying to do well. We become weary, or start to lose heart when we don’t see the results we believe we should expect from our honorable actions. It is amazing how all of us place demands on the kind of results we should expect from God when we don’t even deserve to be saved. I think we forget the value of a personal salvation when working for the Lord. We cannot serve God expecting results; we serve God because we are a result of His unmatchable Grace and Mercy. The reason weariness enters into our lives is because the results we expect do not come in the time frame or way God intends for us to have them. God reminds us that we need not lose heart. God reminds us that a reward will be received. Remember that the day we quit may be the day God is planning on blessing your life. There are some keys to not growing weary.
- Patience is Require: Waiting on God requires patience.
- Persistence is Required: Keep serving. Stay persistence at your calling.
- Perseverance is Required: There are going to be some days where the Devil will try to tell you God has forgotten about you. These are the days you must persevere.
Today’s Challenge: Don’t quit. The day you decide to quit may be the day before your greatest harvest.