Ephesians 3:20 “Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,”
It is so important that we never over look or underestimate the power of God. I think it is important that we realize God is able to some great and mighty things with our lives. We get so caught up operating within our own strength that we forget about the ability of God’s power.
- God is Able – Nothing handicaps God. The question of “can God…?” should always be answered by “Yes God Can!”
- God’s Ability Reaches Further than our Imagination – The fact that this verse says that God can “do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think” absolutely blows my mind. This basically means that our vast imaginations of great things actually places limits on God’s ability. Think about it like this – If you can imagine it, then God can actually do it bigger and better! WOW!!!
- God Desires to Do Work Through Us – Notice where God wants to demonstrate and display His greatness. God desires to demonstrate this ability through our lives. A life that is submissive and surrendered to the work of God can only see these kinds of things happen. God can do exceeding abundantly above all only on the grounds that we allow Him to do it.
Today’s Challenge: Don’t limit God’s ability in our lives. It is good to have dreams and set goals, but it is also important to remember that God can far exceed those things we dream about happening.
2 Corinthians 10:17 “But he that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.”
Bragging and boasting is a dangerous thing. God desires that if any glory is to be given then it needs to be given to the Lord. Many times we forget to give credit, where credit is due. My heart breaks over the amount of times I have failed to glorify God when He deserved all the credit. Many times we give ourselves credit when things go well, and give God all the credit when things go wrong. Even when we brag on others, it is usually with selfish intentions. We must come to the place in our lives where God deserves to get all the Glory. If we look inside the intentions of our heart we find selfishness at each corner. We forget that God can promote us just as much as we can promote ourselves. We must move the intentions of our hearts away from our selfish boastings. The Lord is the only one that needs to get the credit. We need to learn to brag on the Lord. Give God the Glory, He deserves it!
Today’s Challenge: Practice bragging on the Lord today!
1 Corinthians 5:6 “You glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.”
Even the smallest of sins are dangerous, destructive and deadly. When we allow just a tiny bit of sin into our lives we are flirting with disaster. God is using the illustration of leaven. By placing just a small amount of leaven in a lump of bread will cause it to rise. The same parallel can be seen with sin. A little sin can cause anyone to fall.
Let be clear… the phrase “little sin” can have more than one meaning.
- It could be a sin that most people would overlook. I have always been puzzled as to why we hold different sins to a different standard than others….God don’t. God looks at all sin the same way. Please understand, that just because people may overlook your sin does not mean that it is not deadly. Those are actually the ones that can take root the fastest.
- It could be sin in small amounts. Rather than looking at it from a standards issue, we can look at it from a size issue. We consider flirting with sin, or dabbling in sin as okay. Give it an inch and it will take much more than a mile.
People use comments all the time like “What a little of ________ going to hurt?” Well if it is sinful, then it is going to hurt badly. Maybe not immediately but the more your flirt with it, dabble in it and embrace it the worse it will become.
Today’s Challenge: Don’t allow “little sins” to take root in your life! They are just as destructive as all the other ones!