There are always two sides to every coin. In life there are always two perspectives. It is amazing that while we the situation is the same, the perspectives can be different. Many times we look at life from a one sided perspective but I want to share a verse that helps us see both sides.
‘But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us. We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body. ‘ 2 Corinthians 4:7-10
There is always another way of looking at life. I have had many different life experiences. I would like to share this verse from the perspective of my own personal experiences.
- I am defeated but I am not done. Just because I get knocked down does not mean I will not get back up again.
- I am discouraged but I am not giving up. I refuse to let discouragement define my decision making.
- I am disliked but I am not unloved. I find value in the love of God not the approval of people.
- I am overwhelmed but I am not overcome. God will lead me to the rock residing on higher ground.
- I am hurt but I am not dead. Hurt is reminds me that I am still alive.
Sometimes we all have to see the other side to things. It may be bad, but it is not worse. The perspective we see our lives has a big impact on how we live our lives. I honestly need to keep reading these things back to myself. I do not know about you, but I have a tendency to only see one side of the coin.
Maybe you want to share one of your own.