1 Corinthians 15:57-58 “But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.”
Anything done for the Lord is not wasted time. My hope with this article will be to encourage the believer and local church member about their proper place in the ministry of God. This verse is a charge from a preacher to the local church that encourages of several things:
- It reminds the Church where their Victory
- It reminds the Church how to keep the Victory
- It reminds the Church how to maintain the Victory
The victory of a church is not found in a position, it is found in the person of Jesus Christ. God gives us the victory through Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is who you must rest upon in all things.
The key to maintaining victory lies within vs. 58.
- Be Stedfast – settled and seated. The problem with so many people is that they are not settled on anything. They question everything. When God shows you something, or tells you something you must allow that to settle you.
- Be Unmoveable – means unshakeable. When we are unsettle on what we believe we become susceptible to being shaken by circumstances and people. There are people out there that want to shake you up. Just remember when you get shaken you usually spew and that is always a big mess.
- Always Abounding – means to stay engaged. Stay engaged in the work of the Lord. Don’t let situations or circumstances keep you from being engaged in Kingdom activity.
Remember the way a person maintains victory is when they realize that what they do for God is never in vain. Working and serving God is always a work that pays tremendous dividends.
Today’s Challenge: Don’t allow the situations, circumstances, or people around you prevent you from being what God intends for you to be.