Romans 10:13-15 “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? As it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace and bring glad tidings of good things!
Most of us are familiar with verse 13. You know…it is the one used in the “Romans Road”. It is a key verse when sharing the plan of salvation with someone. As you read this scripture you can begin to work backwards and see the thought process. The end result is salvation. Salvation comes through “calling on the name of the Lord”. My problem is that we just assume this is going to happen. It is like we pour out a message in a trough and hope some sinner is going to come by and eat what we are feeding them. While we may feed some that pass by, we are letting some high priced food go to waste.
Basically, we are sitting in the four walls of our churches and letting our living water become stale. We possess the cure for the world and for some reason we think people are just going to line up at the door of our church with the cure. The problem lies in the fact that the majority of the world has no clue they are sick. Matter of fact, ask most of them and they are doing just fine without Christ and the Church.
So how do we get the results we want? A simple Biblical process is laid out in these verses:
- They must be sent: We must learn to release our church members in the world. Our ministries may take a different shape, but our message will be heard a lot clearer. This is not just about sending missionaries out to foreign parts of the world. This is about sending church members into the community to actually become the “salt of the earth”.
- They then preach: A missionary with a message is a very power thing in the hands of a living God. We must remove the bushel from our lights and start letting them shine in a world of darkness.
- They can then hear: We are living in a day where we must earn a person’s ear. We can stand on the corner and shout all day, but we must wonder if much of our message is falling on deaf ears.
- Once they hear it, they can then believe it: The reason so many do not believe is because they are not hearing it. Faith comes through hearing. Now we can see how gaining the attention because very necessary. If we do not have their attention then the chances of them believing are very unlikely.
- Once they believe they then call: Believing causes them to turn to God.
- Once they call on the Lord, they are then saved: Wow! I want to see more of this.
Today’s Challenge: Quit skipping steps 1-4 and start following God’s Plan for Salvation. We will find it way more effective to align to God’s plan than Man’s plan.